Although I do have a very supportive founding partner, Virginie Chantry, Marketrotters is currently a one woman company. My name is Maïté Grisard.
I graduated with honors from HEC business school of the university of Liege then worked in logistics, e-commerce, IT and Pro Audio. After 5 years of being an employee I decided to become freelance in sales & marketing. I started in Canada where I worked with startups in Montreal and Ottawa then came back to Belgium a year later. I entered the healthcare sector and worked on a mobile application made to facilitate collaborative health records. Two years later, I started testing my field work concept of Marketrotters and officially created the company on March 1st 2018. During that time I did missionsin various sectors including Finance, electronics, non profit, IT, eLearning.
I have a strong sense of integrity. I refuse jobs sometimes as ambitious, qualitative and transparent they might be. I think innovation and team work can be found in any industry but I could not do my best work trying to help companies do what I wish wasn’t being done anymore. I understand some things are still needed by our current societies but, to the best of my abilities, I won’t be a part of it anymore.
I believe we can gain a lot of time and energy knowing a person's personality before she enters the team. Of course no personality test is ever accurate, we are all different, complex individuals. But I see them as good indicators and useful for self reflexion and understanding of others.
Here are my results on 3 personality tests: Enneagram, MBTI and CliftonStrengths.
I am an enneagram social 8, with a 9 wing.
I attended seminars in Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium to discover the model and learn about the 9 types of the Enneagram. For those who know the model already, being an 8, I quickly recognised myself in the personality interviews shown to us. But having a thorough explanation of the other types opened my eyes about how different we all are and how inexplicable some people can appear to be just because their personality and natural instincts and reflexes varies from ours.
"Of all the types, Eights enjoy taking on challenges themselves as well as giving others opportunities that challenge them to exceed themselves in some way. Eights are charismatic and have the physical and psychological capacities to persuade others to follow them into all kinds of endeavors—from starting a company, to rebuilding a city, to running a household, to waging war, to making peace."
I am strong willed and thrive through action. I believe things get done by doing. Of course, talking, collaborating and strategizing is needed but I will always be pushing for actions to make sure we keep moving forward.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
In MBTI, I am ENTJ (Extravert, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging).
"Frank, decisive, assume leadership readily. Quickly see illogical and inefficient procedures and policies, develop and implement comprehensive systems to solve organizational problems. Enjoy long-term planning and goal setting. Usually well informed, well read, enjoy expanding their knowledge and passing it on to others. Forceful in presenting their ideas."
I do love solving problems and approach them as untapped opportunities. I am an optimist. I use my exuberant smile to bring positive energy within the team and help people see the brighter future I see.
The assessment measures natural patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving. The Gallup organisation compiled 34 talents that are sorted in various ways depending on personalities.
I did the test then analysed my stronger talents (first 13) with a certified coach. This assessment is meant for business relationships and can be useful to understand different mindsets in a team in a more granular way.
The 5 top talents are said to be the more representative of an individual, here are mine:
1. Futuristic: inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.
2. Maximizer: focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into something superb.
3. Ideation: fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.
4. Intellection: characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.
5. Input: have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.
And the rest of my order is:
6. Belief 7. Self Assurance 8. Activator 9. Strategic 10. Responsibility 11. Arranger 12. Learner 13. Positivity 14. Developer 15. Significance 16. Command 17. Woo 18. Achiever 19. Focus 20. Discipline 21. Analytical 22. Deliberative 23. Empathy 24. Individualization 25. Relator 26. Consistency 27. Adaptability 28. Connectedness 29. Includer 30. Communication 31. Restorative 32. Competition 33. Context 34. Harmony